Friday, May 22, 2009

White Trash Recipe of the Week

chicken Pictures, Images and Photos
*It's come to my attention that I have no recipes with Velveeta or Spam, very important ingredients in the WT community. Unfortunately, I have eaten neither of these so have no recipes. So for any recipe I post, feel free to add Velveeta and/or Spam. I'm sure it will make a nice addition. Also, I'm not a chef and I don't really measure.

Chicken N Rice

Ingredients:
Chicken (I prefer bone in breast with lots of skin, but I know it can get costly so you can use a few dark meat pieces as long as the skin and fat is on there!)
1 cup of cheap white rice
Salt/pepper to taste
Water

Procedure
Preheat the oven to 375. Get out a casserole dish and put in the rice and add water. I guess it would be about 1.5 cups of water, never really measured that. Add as much salt and pepper to the water/rice mixture as you like. Put the chicken on top. In this dish, the chicken skin/fat will drip down during the cooking process and flavor your rice. Cook for about an hour, when the chicken is done and the rice is a bit crackly.

No comments: